donation to the commission,
please contact or send it to:
Dr. Pearl Van Zandt
4600 Valley Road, Suite 100
Lincoln, NE 68510-4844
Your contribution is greatly
appreciated! Thank you!
Nebraska Business Enterprises NBE History
The NBE program grew out of federal legislation, known as the Randolph-Sheppard Act of 1936. After years of research and legislative effort, the Randolph-Sheppard Act became law and gives priority to licensed blind vendors in federal lunchroom break areas.
- Provides employment opportunities to over 4,000 legally blind people nationwide
- Provides public education by demonstrating the abilities of blind persons
- Provides blind persons experiences in business management
- Provides the best possible customer service for lunch break needs
- Provides the best possible service to travelers across the state of Nebraska through vending facilities at Interstate rest areas.
Nebraska Center for the Blind has been approved by the National Blindness Professional Certification Board (NBPCB). This approval is granted only to those Centers that meet strict standards for high quality services, uphold a positive philosophy of blindness and high expectations, adhere to Structured Discovery instructional methodology, and are dedicated to assuring genuine Informed Choice for all consumers. The Nebraska Commission for the Blind and Visually Impaired adheres to these standards of quality assurance in every area of its service delivery.